[Ahaetulla prasina] poison or not...

Aceasta sectiune a forumului are caracter pur informativ. Nu incurajam sub nici o forma achizitionarea si detinerea de animale periculoase. Multumim pentru intelegere.
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko
Nume: Martin Weber

[Ahaetulla prasina] poison or not...

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 11:08

Hi Folks,

I'm new in this forum and i like all kind of reptiles... The only reptiles I don't keep are venemous snakes... It's a risk that I don't like to take.... But I have big respect for all of you that keep this nice snakes at home!
The only venemous snakes I keep are the Ahaetulla prasina and other slightly toxic snakes...

best regards
Nu aveţi permisiunea de a vizualiza fişierele ataşate acestui mesaj.
Tiberiu Sahlean
Fondator
Fondator
Nume: Sahlean Tiberiu

Re: poison or not...

Mesajde Tiberiu Sahlean » 25 Noi 2010, 11:27

These are fantastic snakes! Have you ever bred them? Have you managed to get them onto mice?
Do you know if the babies are hard to get started on pinkies? I have always wanted a pair of these but I read they often don't accept any other prey then lizards or frogs so that stopped me in my tracks. That and the fact that they are pretty hard to find.
0.1. Varanus exanthematicus
1.2. Montivipera xanthina
1.1. Vipera ammodytes meridionalis
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 12:07

You're right... they are really very special snakes! The only food they ever accepted are Geckos or Anoles... And in Springtime the new born bearded Dragons...
We had about 15 babys (This snake is a viviparous)... Most of them accept fish. (Guppys of 10mm). And of course new born Anoles...
It's a very common snake in the USA. (Easy to get food... Anoles you find everywhere....) We import Anoles from the USA for 75 Cent... so the food is not the problem...
One snake need about three or four Anoles per week....
There are diffrent species in the Ahaetulla Family, The one we keep just grow up to 90cm and is very thin.. like a pen. The Babys had about 15-20cm and a diameter of 3-4mm.......... :wtf:
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 12:17

You're absolutly right... this snake is taff to feed.... The only food they accept are Anoles, geckos or in the springtime newborn bearded dragons....
The snake is viviparous so we had 15 Babys on surprise....
They accept newborn Anoles or Geckos, and live fish (Guppys of 10mm)
In the USA this snake is very common (It's easy to get Anoles)
Doing an Import from the USA it's possible to get feeder-anoles. They are 75 cent's only.. one snake need three to four Anoles in the week....
Breeding Anoles for Food is not really comfortable. It's to expensiv and takes to longe time to grow them...
There are some people they change the food to pinkys.. but it's to strong for the snakes. Mamals have to much fat, so the snakes die after some month or years...
Tiberiu Sahlean
Fondator
Fondator

Mesajde Tiberiu Sahlean » 25 Noi 2010, 16:38

Yes, that is what I heard about them too. They are really a great species, too bad they are so difficult to keep.
Nice, healthy animals you got there!

Regards!
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 17:55

thanks...

Let me find out what we have to do to get Importlicence for Romania... I appreciate any help from you guys to find out where we get this permits....

If I get this permit many dreams will come true........... Maybe yours to..... ;)

best regards
olarasu.marian
Fondator
Fondator
Nume: Marian Olarasu

Mesajde olarasu.marian » 25 Noi 2010, 18:46

Hi Monitor and welcome to our community!

I'm not very sure about what advice to give you on the import license for snakes or other exotic animals. As far as I know, there are no internal rules and regulations on keeping/trading/selling/breeding exotic animals in Romania other than the C.I.T.E.S. laws that apply for all the E.U. countries. And I'm afraid you won't find any legal authorities in Romania that are able to clarify on this matter, sad... Other than that, the only papers you actually need for keeping/importing animals in Romania are your regular receipt or any form of document that shows that you are the owner of that respective animal.
For example if you have one or more animals in Europe I suggest you get in a car, drive there, take the animals, and come back. The local customs won't ask too many questions about it and if they do, make sure you can provide any sort of papers that attest that you are the rightful owner of those animals.
I'm sorry if this is confusing for your, but understand that Romania doesn't have explicit rules and regulations on pet trade.
Don't take my word for granted, as this is just a personal opinion. I hope that someone who knows more will step up in here and clarify or at least give you some directions.

Best of luck with everything, and keep us posted if you find out anything.

Cheers!
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 19:12

thanlk's for reply,

You are not the first that tell me a story like that about the trade of animals.... just unbelievable...
I guess, i make an import from the USA with some Boas and Pythons and some non CITES animals...
and then lets see what's going on at the airport in Bucarest....... :snake: :shock:

I do not belive that it will be so easy... but let's try...
olarasu.marian
Fondator
Fondator

Mesajde olarasu.marian » 25 Noi 2010, 19:44

Monitor scrie:thanlk's for reply,

You are not the first that tell me a story like that about the trade of animals.... just unbelievable...
I guess, i make an import from the USA with some Boas and Pythons and some non CITES animals...
and then lets see what's going on at the airport in Bucarest....... :snake: :shock:

I do not belive that it will be so easy... but let's try...

As long as the animals are yours and you can prove that I think everything will go well. You could also call the airport customs and ask them for an advice, maybe they have done this before and are able to shed some light on this matter
Tiberiu Sahlean
Fondator
Fondator

Mesajde Tiberiu Sahlean » 25 Noi 2010, 20:02

If you want to import animals they will not let the animals pass in Otopeni unless there are the legal representatives to sign the papers. So import is a different story then getting your animal home in Brasov. I have tried to read the Romanian laws regarding the import of live animals and how to obtain the CITES permit and I can tell you they are really messed up.

First, regarding your animal: According to a guide I have read, first you have to contact your national CITES Authority (in Switzerland) and obtain an export permit from them. Then you need to obtain a CITES import permit from the Romanian CITES Authority (The Ministry of Environment).After that you should be able to get your animal legally into Romania.

First step for obtaining the permit would be to send the Ministry of Environment an e-mail stating your problem and ask them to tell you the steps necessary for obtaining a CITES permit. http://www.mmediu.ro/contact.htm - here, at public relations you can find the e-mail address. Even better would be to call them and set up appointment (I don't know how fast they respond to e-mails, if they do).

When importing animals there are several points where animals can be brought into the country. http://www.customs.ro/ro/protejarea-fro ... vente.aspx - here are the control points. The control points should be pre-notified and the animals accompanied with all papers necessary including health certificates. The person expecting the animals must have the CITES permit. I don't understand the whole procedure so can't help you more then this. But I think contacting them would be a huge first step. Then if you persist you should be able to find out the necessary steps.

Regards!
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 20:19

Thank you very very much for this informations!!

It's the same way we do it in Switzerland. Make sense!! We make import monthly from the States into Switzerland. And from Switzerland to the EU... so the Swiss ExportDocuments are no problem. Same way the US Documents... No problem...

So let's see what we find out on this adresses...

Once the first step is done... the game rules.......... :turtle2:

Thanks
olarasu.marian
Fondator
Fondator

Mesajde olarasu.marian » 25 Noi 2010, 20:20

Also keep in mind that if you manage to get all your paperwork in order you will have to make sure the airline company provides animal transporting to Romania. As far as I know there is no company in Romania that provides such animal transport services except for live stock animals like cow, horses etc. So if you import animals you have to be permanently in contact with the customs and regularly check the status of your package. My fear is that when they receive the package they won't know how to properly handle it and you risk the life of the animals in the process. Romanian authorities "move" really slow, as you will probably notice soon enough.. :)

Most of us buy animals from exotic fairs around Europe, like the one in Hungary on the 4th of December. Basically a few people go to the exotic show, buy all the animals people ordered, come back home. Usually the customs doesn't ask too many questions. Keep in mind that at these type of fairs you rarely get a receipt, still the customs doesn't ask for any sort of paperwork.
I recommend you try to get import permit for your animals to a different country in Europe, a country that can provide all the services you need and with less pain in the ass. Then go personally to pick them up and bring them to Romania if possible.

Although I would do as Tiberiu suggested first, just so you get an idea of what is required of you.
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 20:50

thanks for more information.... I have good connections to the Swiss Air companie. Shiping to Bucarest by Swiss will not be the problem...

To buy animals on the fares is for sure a good solution. But you rarely get the animals you are realy looking for...
And there is also the question of money... we also offer animals on the fairs in Switzerland. Belive me, it's a good business... what you have to pay on the fare, the dealer get this animals in the States or somewhere else for a fifth of what you pay... Or do you ever buy a Ball Python Baby captive born for 6 Euros? Thats what you spend in the States on a wholsaler's warehouse......

anyway.... we will go forward to get any informations we need.........
olarasu.marian
Fondator
Fondator

Mesajde olarasu.marian » 25 Noi 2010, 21:08

Great, good luck and keep us posted. I bet many of us would like to know more about this issue.
Monitor
Gecko
Gecko

Mesajde Monitor » 25 Noi 2010, 21:18

Absolutely!!

I hope to break open a closed door... like this we all have the chance to get acces to a tremendous source of reptiles from all over the world..........

:thumbup:

Înapoi la “Serpi veninosi”